Grant County Businesses,
We have experienced a dramatic increase in positive COVID-19 cases over the last 10 days. I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of protecting yourselves as well as your customers. We have had two businesses close for a period of time and one business have to alter their daily functions due to positive employees. The following information will help everyone to stay safe and well:
- Keeping customers at least 6 feet apart at all times
- The use of masks by employees and customers is strongly encouraged. Masks have to cover both the mouth and nose to be effective.
- Keeping hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth
- Hand sanitizer available for customers and staff
- Increased hand washing for employees
- Increased sanitation measures throughout the day
- Employees must be sent home if they are sick to prevent the spread of any illnesses
- Be familiar with any travel guidelines regarding quarantine for employees. Current states are Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Maryland. Have been on a cruise ship or river cruise or traveled internationally. Visit coronavirus.kdheks.gov as this will change on July 1st, 2020.
If you need assistance with supplies, please contact Grant County Emergency Management at 620-356-4430. If you have any questions, please contact the health department at 620-356-1545.
Please help keep Grant County safe and well!!
Toni Irvin, RN
Grant County Health Department Administrator