The Grant County Airport Board and County Commissioners are soliciting Statements of Qualifications from consultants for airfield development projects anticipated to occur within the next five years at the Ulysses Airport (ULS).
NOTICE TO AIRPORT CONSULTANTS
The Grant County Airport Board and County Commissioners are soliciting Statements of Qualifications from consultants for airfield development projects anticipated to occur within the next five years at the Ulysses Airport (ULS) located on the north edge of Ulysses, Kansas. Subject to receipt of funding by the Federal Airport Improvement Program (AIP), the federal Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), and/or Kansas Airport Improvement Program (KAIP), these projects may include the following:
- Replace Runway 17-35 Lighting System (Est. Cost = $500,000)
- Replace Runway 17-35 NAVAID Systems (Est. Cost = $250,000)
- Replace Taxiway Lighting System (Est. Cost = $575,000)
- Rehabilitate Taxiways and Aircraft Parking Apron (Est. Cost = $600,000)
- Construct Taxi lanes (Est. Cost = $750,000)
- Construct T-Hangars (Est. Cost = $750,000)
- Reconstruct West Connecting Taxiway (Est. Cost = $750,000)
The Airport Capital Improvement Plan (ACIP) was prepared with the assistance of Coffman Associates., and copies of data sheets will be made available upon request.
Services to be provided may include, but are not limited to, preliminary design, final design, bidding, construction observation, and special services such as geotechnical/subsurface investigations and topographic surveying.
In accordance with FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14E: 1) the qualifications-based selection process will be utilized to select a consultant; 2) the agreement(s) between the sponsor and selected consultant shall be subject to all applicable Federal Rules and Regulations; and 3) The Sponsor may short list up to three (3) of the highest rated firms based on the submittals and conduct phone, informal, or formal interviews. Fee information shall not be submitted with Statements of Qualifications as fees will be negotiated upon availability of federal funding for projects.
The selection committee will rate the Statements of Qualifications according to the following criteria:
1) Capability to perform all aspects of the projects.
2) Relevant experience of key personnel from prime firm (and subconsultants, if any) and role.
3) Knowledge of FAA standards, polices, and procedures.
4) Recent experience with comparable projects at similarly sized airports.
5) History of timely service delivery and meeting budget parameters.
Statements should be concise and shall contain no more than twenty-four (24) pages of material (12 sheets, double-sided). This excludes the front and back covers; the cover letter (maximum two (2) pages), table of contents, section dividers, and resumes. Submissions must include five (5) hard copies and one (1) PDF of the Statement of Qualifications.
Hard copies may be delivered or mailed to: Grant County
Attn: Sheila Brown
108 S. Glenn
Ulysses, KS 67880
The PDF must be submitted to: email@example.com
Statements of Qualifications shall be sealed, marked “Airport Consultant”, and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on October 14, 2022. Statements received after the deadline shall not be considered. Grant County reserves the right to reject any and/or all submittals, and all submittals will become property of Grant County.